Wednesday, January 2, 2013

pin-test: banana hair masque

Banana Hair Masque


Pinterest always has great Ideas. Rarely do I actually accomplish what I pin. Unfortunately. I'd like to be so crafty and organized that I could actually do everything I pin. For example: In the DIY section I have 122 pins. It's highly doubtful that I will ever do more than 3. I have 85 pins on hair. Being that hair is my pre child rearing profession I have tried a few of those pins.
So here is a pin that I actually tried out! 

Banana-Avecado Hair Masque

1 ripe banana
1 ripe avecado
a few TBS of coconut oil

I blended it all up in my emersion blender until nice and smooth. Then you want to heat it until warm. Slather on and give it about 30 minutes or longer if you can.
Rinse, shampoo maybe twice and condition. I combed my hair out before I put it in my hair and then while I had conditioner in my hair.

The verdict?
While my hair was wet I noticed a few pieces of banana in my hair. Once it dried completely they were hardly noticeable. My hair also dried very shiny and more tame than normal. I have frizzy poofy wavy hair...I do not have wash and wear hair, so that was nice having it more tame.

I have just heated up some coconut oil before and just left that for awhile and the results seem to be just as good.

Don't have time for food hair masks? I suggest this:
Enjoy intensive smoothing mask
One of my favorites that I use when I'm not smearing food in my hair.
Their Sulfate free luxury shampoo and Luxury conditioner is Amazing! Seriously there isn't anything more luxurious, being a hairstylist i've tried it all!

What are your favorite hair products? Do tell!



4 comments:

  1. My hair is a total frizz bomb. It doesn't help that I never get it cut. It's super and thick and super frizzy. My favorite hair items are bumble and bumble smoothing gel and surf spray. My only problem with both is I feel like I have to use lots of both products to work and they're both kinda pricey, so I don't want to use a lot. I also love Jonathan paste but I've been having problems finding it locally and I always get lazy when it actually comes to ordering online. So. Those are my fav's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thank you Jess! I love Bumble products too, but I can't justify spending money on it since I have most other hair products for cheap from the beauty store. I have never heard of Johnathan Paste. I'll have to look that one up!

      Delete
  2. I should take advice from both of you, since if you have super frizzy hair then I have EXTREMELY frizzy hair, haha! Thanks for the suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is sooo dry and requires deep conditioning masks often. I have curly hair and used to use mousse until I learned that the alcohol in it dries my hair, so it has become a little better...but could still use some deep conditioning. I really want to try this

    ReplyDelete