So here I am at my 2 hour glucose screening test waiting to be called back for yet another blood draw
(for those of you who know what this is, you feel sorry for me. For those of you who don't, you should)
So, I thought I'd give a short list of the pros and cons of this pregnancy thing. (disclaimer: I have had an unusually great pregnancy so far, so my complaints are mild and petty compared to the many woes I have heard from other women who have traveled this 10 month road before me So if you want to tell me how good I've had it, I'm all ears, but since I did just chug a double sweet flat orange soda at 8am on an empty stomach and told I better not throw up on the carpet, I'm giving myself a free pass to join the complaint club today)
Bad news first: CONS
1. Glucose screening test
2. Swollen ankles
3. Having tall people tell me that THEY didn't start to show till they were 7 months pregnant.
4. Long list of no-no's. In my top 10 is knowing I can't go to an amusement park and ride the rides. I'M even surprised at how much this bums me out.
5. Knowing I'm running out of time to get everything Martha Stewart perfect, but running out of energy faster.
Now the good news: PROS
1. Being treated so nicely by strangers. ( I think it's a very interesting phenomenon that people who have such little patience for small children are so reverent of those growing them)
2. The first time of hearing the baby's heartbeat
3. Discussing baby names with Danny
4. Tummy rubs: I may be the only pregnant lady who likes this
5. Having a huge belly and feeling cute because of it
So there you go folks: the pros and cons. Well, mine anyway.
Till next time with part 2: Giving Brith; Pros and Cons. (just kidding)