Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My 30 before 30... by Jes

I actually won't be turning 30 until  April of 2013
but I thought that making a list of things to do before
April of this year would make for an impossible list, or a horrendously boring one (i.e. wash my car; get a haircut)

So, with 1 year and 4 months to achieve my list, here goes:

     1. Write 1 Thank You note a week. 
     
     2. Plant a vegetable garden.

     3. Visit a foreign country.

     4. Learn how to (really) use my camera.

     5. Have a lunch date with a friend at least once a
        month.

     6. Get to my wedding weight OR have a baby.

     7. Visit a National Park that I've never been to.

     8. Clean the "hoarder room" and make it into a useable space. 

     9. Give more gifts.

    10. Add 10 savory recipes to my Jeses Bestest recipe book.

    11. Learn how to use my fancy sewing machine. 
       (this one is for you, Gina)

    12. Re-initiate a monthly date day with Danny.

    13. Learn to make amazing homemade body butter or lotion.

    14. Do a spa day with friends.

    15. Entertain at least once a quarter.

    16. Take advantage of the classes at my gym.

    17. Learn how to attractively shorten sleeves.

    18. Get rid of all my sloppy clothes, so I am forced
        to dress cute even when I am cleaning the house.

    19. Eat a real dinner, at the table, without 
        distractions, at least 2 nights a week.

    20. Don't get into pjs and wash off my makeup as
        soon as I get home.

    21. Use my bike.

    22. Read ALL my magazines!

    23. Take the dogs hiking more.

    24. Find a pair of perfect everyday earrings.

    25. Don's rationalize spending more because I'm
        working more. Either save, or work less.

    26. Go blackberry picking.

    27. Buy a new baking sheet. (the one I have is super
        old and warped, and I think I may have accidentally
        commandeered it from a gathering like 6 years ago)

    28. Use my sign language so I don't lose it.

    29. Go to the beach at least every other month.

30. Don't "save" my special things. Use and enjoy them!


I will try to document the documentable,
but be sure to get ideas for your own list at

4 comments:

  1. Wow I really love your list! There are a few that I am going to have to add to mine like: #26-29..
    I see nothing wrong with #20 lol!
    and I like the monthly dates with hubby...good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, snap! I love list!! What adventures await you! xx Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. lol...I've been contemplating the same exact thing as #6...so for now I'm working on wedding weight! I also have the same problem as #25. But I can't really work less...so I FINALLY agreed to Jonathan that I will go on a budget so we can put more into savings. BUT...I refuse to give up my massages!!! (and he's ok with that, phew!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #11 is a must! considering you have had it for months in it's box, unpacked, never used. the poor thing. i like #28 and i'm down with #14 whenever! if only i could find someone that does lomi lomi as good as i do.

    ReplyDelete